Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Pot Roast and Leftovers

You know we love leftovers for lunches! A great classic is always a good pot roast. It makes a great weeknight meal because it can be made in a slow cooker and will be ready for you after a long day at work. There's nothing better than knowing a great meal is waiting for you!
The recipe I use is simple and requires only a few ingredients:
4 Lb. Chuck Roast
1 package of onion soup mix
1 Cup of water
Garlic- I use about 3 Tablespoons of minced
salt and pepper to taste
3 Potatoes, peeled and chopped
baby carrots and 1-2 stalks of celery, chopped

Let everything cook on low for 8-10 hours.

While you are at work- remember several times how much you love slow cookers. I always feel like I have my own personal chef at home!

Things to think about-
Some people prefer cooked pasta instead of potatoes in the pot roast- might be interesting to try-
I also sometimes use the little red potatoes instead

Of course, the Pot Roast leftovers make great lunches, I like to make Biscuits with them (usually just Grands) and bring those to heat up with the Pot Roast. You can have a little bit of home in your lunch. Perfect!


Marie's Easy Slow Cooker Pot Roast from allrecipes.com (link listed below)

source of photo and recipe variation

No comments:

Post a Comment